CALL FOR ARTISTS
Calling All Creatives: Convey the Power of Emotion Through Art, Submit Your Work for Abstract Expressions
VibrantCast is located on the north side of Chicago. We are interested in empowering local artists on their journey, through our artist network, our exposure and our opportunities. We have two spaces:
The Fusion Gallery located at 4319 N. Lincoln Ave and The Vibrant Gallery located at 4313 N. Lincoln Ave
Theme: Abstract Expressions
This theme encourages abstract and semi-abstract artists to delve deep into their emotions and inner worlds, using their artwork as a means of unbridled self-expression. Abstract art is particularly well-suited for exploring emotions and personal experiences in a non-representational way. Artists can use color, form, texture, and abstraction to convey the wide range of human emotions, from joy and love to sorrow and contemplation.
Artistic Freedom: All art forms and mediums are not only welcomed but encouraged. This includes, paint, photography, mixed media, sculpture, pottery, glasswork, painted clothing and digital work.
- Preparation: All accepted artwork and prints must be prepared for display. This means artwork must have the necessary hardware installed and prints must have packaging prepared. Sculptural and 3D works must be stable and safe for public viewing. Work that comes to us without proper preparation will be charged a $25.00 set up fee.
- Affordable Price Point: All accepted artwork is for the purpose of exhibiting and selling. In the spirit of gift-giving, we invite(but not insist) artists to craft pieces that are not only aesthetically delightful but also accessible and affordable, making them the perfect choice for thoughtful holiday gifts.
- Commission and Pricing: The gallery's commission for any sales is 35%. Keep this in mind when pricing your work. This ensures that both the artist and the gallery can thrive in this celebration of art. This includes prints. Please price your work accordingly.
- Number of Submissions: Each artist may submit up to 3 original pieces.(not counting any prints) However, we might welcome additional submissions if we find them appropriate and aligned with the theme. If this applies, we would contact the artist individually.
- Originals and Prints: Artists may submit original pieces along with available prints, providing more options for art lovers and enhancing the festive gifting experience.
- Submission Deadline: December 1st, end of day (11:00pm)
- Acceptance Notification: Artists whose work is selected for the exhibition will be notified via email on or before Saturday, December 2, 2023.
- Art Drop Off Hours: Monday, December 4, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Tuesday December 5, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Art Event Opening Night: Friday, December 8 from 5-9PM
- Art Event Duration: December 8 - December 22
- Selected artists and their work will be prominently featured on our website **.
- Artworks and artists will be highlighted in our email newsletters.
- Extensive promotion on our social media platforms to reach a wider audience.
How to apply:
Click the link below to apply. Once the order is complete, you will receive an email with a Google link where you can upload your submission and selected works.Apply Now
**All work must be original and created by the artist applying
For any inquiries or further details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: Dates and details are subject to change based on evolving circumstances and local guidelines. Please stay tuned for updates on our website and social media.)